HMR Recipes - Chicken Soup Sauce

I think I've discovered one of the best things ever. HMR Chicken Soup Sauce!

1 packet HMR chicken soup
hot water

Mix chicken soup and only a small amount of water (if I had to guess, maybe a quarter of cup or less). Use just enough water to make the 'soup' a sauce like consistency. The sauce will thicken as it cools.

You can add it to ANYTHING where you are looking for a creamy sauce like texture. Be sure to taste the sauce before you add it to anything to get a feel for the salt level, chickeny flavor. Think of it as gravy.

I added to a chicken pasta parmigiana entree and it was just like macaroni and cheese! It was utterly amazing. I'm going to try this with other entrees (lasagna, savory chicken, five bean, risotto) and when I can start eating vegetables I will use it regularly. I wonder how this will affect my salt intake?

No comments:

Post a Comment