Mouse - Moose - Mousse

I bought a food processor last night.

When I got home I unpacked it, washed it, and made a butterscotch mousse.  It was phenomenal.  I actually made a double butterscotch mousse.  It was way more than I anticipated food than I anticipated.  I followed the mousse recipe in the HMR cook book.  I'll post it bellow.  I think I'll start using more mousses.  I've heard of people freezing the mousses to get an ice cream type texture. Tonight, I'll try the pistachio mousse

Butterscotch mousse:
8 ice cubes
4-12 oz water
1 HMR 500 vanilla
2tbsp butterscotch sugar free pudding mix

place ice in food processor with a little bit of water.  blend until ice is crushed, think slightly coarser than snow cones.  Stop blending and scrap sides of bowl with spatula.  Add HMR 500 packet, butterscotch and a bit more water.  blend until desired consistency, adding water as necessary.

4 comments:

  1. Where art thou? I just found your blog and laughed out loud, yes out loud. so come on back and start sharing, its nice to know someone else as warped as me.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol for the encouragement. I'll see if I can't get something posted over the long weekend... 80 hour work weeks and grad school are not conducive to regular blog posts... or weight loss for that matter, more later...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So have you stopped the diet and blogging completely??

      Delete
    2. For a while, yes. But don't worry. I'll be back as soon as my food arrives

      Delete