Crawling back...

...with my tail between my legs.  So I gained all the weight back and then some.  No excuse really.  I just didn't care after a while.  Frankly, I just didn't have the discipline anymore.  So I got big, again.  So I called the HMR people and was admitted into the program, again. So I have asked myself all sorts of questions:
  • What's different about this time? 
    • I'm older, wiser, know I have a problem with food, know I can't lose weight and keep it off by myself. 
    • Neck deep in grad school.  This will either really work in my favor or really work against me.
    • I have larger goals outside of getting laid.  Yeah yeah yeah, it's vulgar but really, my only motivation for losing weight the first couple rounds was to improve my prospects with the ladies.  Well, I've since learned that you don't have to be skinny to get lucky.  Sure it's a bit easier, but not necessary.
      • My goal now is to get skinny so I can get better jobs.  It's Science!
      • So I can earn my private pilots license.  The less you weigh the more gas you can carry
      • Avoid the diabetes, heart disease, liver disease, etc.
      • Get laid, OK well not laid exactly, but certainly pursue a healthy, long-term relationship with a member of the opposite sex.
    • Are my priorities screwed up?  Perhaps, but these are good goals I think.
  • What are you going to do different from before?
    • Shakes only until 200, transition to healthy solutions at 199.  I think I made my goals too large.  Breaking the goals down to smaller, more manageable pieces.
    • No Cheating, do what I'm told.
    • Attempt to be less judgmental of the other people who whine and complain in class... maybe... probably not
    • I'm throwing away my scale:  I wrestled throughout high school.  I learned all sorts of tricks to drop a quick 2 or 3 pounds in an hour or so.  I used some of these tricks to come in under weight for my HMR weigh ins.  Not the best idea.  By throwing away my scale, I will not know my weight, ergo, cannot utilize tricks to drop a couple pounds in a pinch, thus keeping me honest.
So that's the plan.  I'll amend this post as necessary. I'm not using this to track weight loss, rather this will be where I bitch and whine about the the people who bitch and whine.  Names and locations will be change to protect the innocent :P

No comments:

Post a Comment